Sunday, April 2, 2017

Let's Turn Back the Clock a Little.......

On March 16th, 2017, I went to my new primary care physician - Deanna Hensley - at Medical Care LLC in Johnson City.  Mainly, I went to get back on my bp meds.....but I didn't realize how bad off I actually was.

I weighed in at 243.6 pounds.  Once they were able to get my blood pressure DOWN, they finally read it at 186/116!!

Lab work came back with elevated cholesterol and mild diabetes.  They advised me to watch my diet and exercise more......*sigh*......EXERCISE?  REALLY?

Well, ok.

Meds prescribed:

   Hydrocholorothiazide - 25 mg - 1x daily
   Lisinopril - 20 mg - 1x daily
   Metformin - 500 mg - 2x daily with meals
   Simvastatin - 40 mg - 1x daily at bedtime

Within a week, I lost 10 lbs.  Probably fluid....

So, I started monitoring my blood glucose levels and checking my bp more frequently.

Glucose levels have spiked at 188 in these past few weeks and have gotten as low as 72.

BP is running around 135/95, depending on the time of day and activity.

I've been taking my dog on walks around the track.  At first, we only did 4 laps.  Then, we gradually increased it.

Today, we have walked 9062 steps - 8780 being at a "Healthy" pace......total of 4.38 miles.  And I burned 413 calories.

Food intake so far:

Breakfast: 250 calories.
Morning snack: 0 (Bottled water)
Lunch:  0 (Bottled water - because I wasn't hungry!)
Afternoon snack:  80
Supper:  640 calories



No comments:

Post a Comment